Monday, April 30, 2007

Good weekend.

Friday night, went right after work to the mall to get my hairs dyed- yes, all of them. Now my white trash roots have been all taken care of. Afterwards, my lady friend and I went to the Outback Steak House where a couple sitting behind us threatened the waitress, and had the manager apologizing all over herself for some errant mushrooms that had found their way onto the lady's plate. What kills me is that the manager asks, "Would you like me to have your food remade?" "No," they say. "So, you're not going to eat this, then?" "Oh, no, we'll eat it." So- you wanted a free dinner, then. Why didn't you just say so?

Then, Saturday came and I was up at 7 to workout and eat breakfast, then went in to work to see a couple of shiny XBOX 360 Elites. Naturally, I bought one. Now, we've dealt with more problems with Microsoft products than you might imagine- we've gone through three XBOX 360's, and I had to return the HD-DVD player I bought for my husband for Christmas immediately. Well, guess what? The Elite wouldn't recognize it's own hard drive and I had to return that, too. I mean, seriously, folks...

Other than that had a great weekend with the mister- no World of Warcraft since he sent his video card back to the manufacturer to upgrade it for a better one, but we went out for dinner and hung out and had a good time.

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning this Friday and another round of therapy dates are threatening to make me crazy, but this Wednesday will be the last real class for me of the spring semester, so I'll have a summer break from that. Not that I'd like a break: if I had my druthers, I'd teach every semester, but I'll have to have a chat with the director of Computer Graphics at the college about that.

Not too much happening on the news front of note, other than more New English states legalizing "Civil Unions" for gay couples- why they have to separate it from marriage, I'll never understand- admittedly, if it gets it passed, I won't quibble over language too much, but, it really is a shame that something that won't affect anyone negatively is so hotly contested.

1 comment:

Mepfist0 said...

If you're already going to a therapist, would that make you someone who is crazy already?

Also...Leave Microsoft alone!