Monday, May 7, 2007

Sunny and 67 :D

Well, just finished up a busy and wonderful weekend with the husband.

Friday night I saw Spidey 3 with the mister and a bunch of friends at 9:00 p.m. after a delightful dinner at Fuddruckers. I won't put any spoilers here, but I thought it was ok- probably the least good out of the series, but isn't that almost always true of the third in a trilogy?

Got out of the theater at 11:30, got back to the apartment at around 12:30, I went to sleep and woke up at about 4:30 to get a shower and drive up to meet my buddy Mike Staff and his pop for a day of manual labor in the Poconos at a not-for-profit summer camp. Had a delightful time, good food, met some great people. I was tuckered around 2:00, we rode home, I went straight back to the apartment, collected my thoughts, and rode right back out again to see my friend Keiichi off before he begins work in Chicago. He is being sponsored towards his permanent citizenship there, so I say, sad as it is, it's good for him in the long run- and good for me, too- I want him to stay in America!

Me and the husband cooked burgers and dogs for a while, then played some pool and had a great time. We left there about 9:30 p.m. as I was passing out, and when we got home, I went right to sleep.

Sunday morning, we went out to a diner for breakfast, and then went food shopping. We went home after and he finished installing VIsta on my computer and reinstalled World of Warcraft so we could play with friends while I made brownies for my good friend and manager at Game Crazy.

I can't complain- probably one of the best weekends I've had in a long, long time.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Action packed weekend, eh? Sounds like good ole-fashioned fun! Glad you had fun "working the land" on Saturday... it was delightful to have you on board! Anybody else reading this is welcome to join next time as well... :-)

P.S.-- Austin Powers 3 was pretty good, and I think you'd agree that Return of the Jedi was quite enjoyable... other than that, you're right, most third sequels are pretty beat!