Monday, April 16, 2007

You heard me right- it's snowing.

After a wet weekend frought with wacky World of Warcraft playing, I opened my eyes at 6:00 am, took a wonderfully warm shower, went downstairs to let the dogs out and start my coffee, looked out the window, and blanket of white covering the back lawn looked back. Is it just me, or is April 16th a little behind the times weather-wise? I bundled my lunch together, put on my heavy top coat and gloves, scraped my car, and headed off to work to greet- absolutely no one. Nobody was here yet. I won't deny thoughts of flight entered my mind. I could pretend I'd never been here, could pretend my car broke down. But alas, I have never been comfortable with or good at bending the truth, so here I sit.

Today is a full week. I have work tonight, so that makes my day 8am-9pm, then I have therapy tomorrow after work, 8pm-9pm, then the basic design class I teach, 8pm-10pm on Wednesday, then Thursday back to therapy, then Friday just regular work hours. Saturday I work 9-3, Sunday is the day of rest.

I know it seems crazy, but amongst all of this, I intend to write an article about the state of electronic Role Playing Games today, and I'm also trying to follow a master list of core beliefs and goals daily. As long as I have things to work towards, I can make it through the toughest of times.

I went to the grocery store last night and bought many organic items, and Im making sure I recycle all the plastic, metal, glass, and cardboard I use. One of my many goals is to practice what I preach in the environment department, and Im going to try to keep a record here from time to time of my successes.

Off to work now, perhaps I'll be able to check in later for any comments- keep them up, kiddos!

2 comments:

Mepfist0 said...

Well winter was so wacky weather wise. It doesn't surprise me that this is happening. 70 degree days in January and February? This has to be winter's last throws before the pretty green plants start to wake up and fill our heads with pollen.

Soo-dough Nimh said...

And I was unhappy about the March 1 snow we had out here in the hinterlands! I think you guys just had a much worse storm than we had all winter. Yeah, I had some poor guy tell me he was lured into springtime longings for a motorcycle during the warm days of February, and went out and bought himself a Harley. This hapless fellow has only been able to ride on it twice since then. Both his wife and Mother Nature said "See!! I told you!!"